Monday, October 25, 2010

Feel the Romance of British Royalty...

Princess Diana Lingerie Ads In China Called 'Blatant Exploitation' 


Chinese lingerie company Jealousy International has come under fire for producing a line of Princess Diana underwear, complete with ads portraying the late royal, the Daily Mail reports. British journalist Sam Chambers came across the advertisements depicting a Princess Di lookalike wearing a bra and panties in Shenzhen airport in southern China and he was appalled. He told the Mail on Tuesday, "I was just going to collect my baggage from the carousel when I saw it flash up on a rolling advertising screen and couldn't quite believe what I was seeing." He added, "It's all the more striking because today [August 31st] is the anniversary of her death."
The ad reads: "Feel the Romance of British Royalty." Different versions are plastered throughout China.
The Jealousy Group website has an entire section devoted to the new Diana line under the slogan, "Free your mind, free your style."
Shanghaiist writes that Jealousy "told China Radio International that, from the beginning, the 'Diana' line was supposed to honor Princess Diana's taste in underwear." The First Post reportsthat Clarence House, which represents Prince Charles, wouldn't comment on the advertisements. However, co-founder of the Diana Appreciation Society Alan Berry believes, "It does seem to be just blatant exploitation of a dead lady's name."
credit : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/01/princess-diana-lingerie-ads-china_n_701836.html

Lookchoup : I think it's kind of interesting how they presented this line...it's Diana right? Is it gonna effect british ppl who loves Diana? for me I don't really feel anything just thinking it's quite weird, I saw many lingeries ads and this one is so...different and brave LOL. Is it illegal making fun of the royal family 'cause in Thailand it is! so what you guys think? you all come from the different country maybe you have another great idea. For me I feel like thecompany maybe just don't care because they already attract the press and the (maybe) customers :)


1 comment:

  1. I think the same as you, it's just weird to see Lady Diana like this, it make her lose her pure beauty and it really affects the image that people had about her. I wonder if Jealousy International asked for a permission...

    Linh

    ReplyDelete