Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hello everyone!
So today I was looking around on the internet trying to find something super juicy to share with you but I came across this amazing rant/ poem/ illustration of our concept of 'PRETTY' in modern society and how when you really observe the idea of pretty nowadays, it is actually quite ugly. I know we are supposed to present issues about fashion so here are my questions...
CAN FASHION BE PRESENTED IN A WAY THAT TRULY EMBRACES NATURAL BEAUTY??
HAVE YOU EVER FELT YOU ARE COMPROMISING YOUR INNER AND TRUE BEAUTY FOR THE SAKE OF FASHION??




“What will I be? Will I be pretty? ” Will I be pretty? Will I be pretty? What comes next? Oh right, will I be rich which is almost pretty depending on where you shop."

--This quote is very interesting, it suggests that we believe that being pretty is purchasable, and fashion sells the idea that brands such as Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Prada can make us pretty. I believe that the clothes are pretty but no way can wearing a $5,000 dollar dress make me any prettier than a $10 t-shirt...and lets not get started on plastic surgery, the only person you are fooling is yourself in that case. Let fashion be an extension of your beauty and not what defines you.

SOURCE: http://www.lelalondon.com/


xx Gena

No comments:

Post a Comment